Monday, April 5, 2010

The Influence of Toys on Children

Regarding the influence of toys on children, toys are deemed important to children because they cold change children minds. When a boy gets a car that he can take apart and put back together, he can practice his language skills which he will need when he grow up. He will be able to solve problems he faces in his social life. In addition, a girl gets a toy like a grocery store. For example, when a girl plays with her grocery store toys, she makes up a conversation to talk to the toys. This conversation mostly is about cooking and family. With these toys, she practices a kind of conversation that is necessary in relationships with friends and family. She will be able to be comfortable with people in her surroundings. Campbell Leaper, a researcher at the University of California believes that children need “take oriented” toys as well as “social, interactive” toys. To conclude Leaper believes that verbal ability is the result of both nature and nuture.

In my own life, I have many “social, interactive” toys when I was a child. Most of my toys are cooking toys such as a stove, a pot, a frying pan, some bowls and cups. I used to play with the toys by myself; I made my own conversation. I talked and taught myself on how to cook and clean. This is the reason how I can cook well. My mom gave those toys for me because she want me to be a good cook?. However, I never play any kind of “task oriented” toys. This is because I don’t like them. I think that those “task oriented” toys are for boys not for girls. girls should not play with those toys. But now that I read this article, I start to wonder if I was wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment